Zapper built from NAND gates

Zapper, what's that?

The zapper is a simple device intended to fight against parasites that, if present in the human body, can do a lot of harm. As far as I know, it's not proved by any scientific source that it actually works, and despite time, it still stays in the zone of unproven/unscientific inventions. Personally, I think that it can work as described.

From a technical point of view, a zapper consists of a square wave generator, a resistor connected to its output that limits the power of the signal delivered to the body and two electrodes. One of the electrodes is connected to the mass of the circuit, second one is connected to mentioned resistor. Frequency can be adjusted from tens of Hz to tens of kHz.

Is it safe?

I don't claim that it is, but personally I think that it is if someone doesn't have cardiac problems. If you want to build it by yourself, you do this on your own risk.

Circuit of a zapper

Almost all Zippers are build from NE555, unfortunately I hadn't has it, so instead I used 4093 (2-input Schmitt NAND gates). The electrodes were made from aluminium foil.

The value of R1 should be 33k.

You can also visit this site to get more similar circuits including the original one.

Usage

I use it daily, in a single, 30 minute session. After each 3-4 days I made one day of a break. After a month, I made 2-3 months of break. I put the electrodes to my feet but some people prefer to put electrodes on the hands.

Results

I think, that it works, maybe that's my imagination or autosuggestion, but I feel better, I have more energy and I'm more optimistic.

At the end, I will add that if you are interested in electronic engineering and parapsychology, you may also want to read an entry about Kirlian photography.

5 comments:

  1. Ja to bym się jednak trochę bał podłączać do prądu, przecież gdyby to było normalne, to byłoby popularne. A nie jest popularnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej,

      no ale podobno podobne urządzenia były całkiem popularne zanim upowszechniła się tradycyjna farmakologia. IMHO prąd jest bardzo malutki, więc nie powinien wyrządzić żadnej krzywdy, no chyba ze ktoś ma jakąś specyficzną chorobę, np. arytmię albo ma wszczepiony rozrusznik.

      Ja nie choruję, więc jakoś specjalnie się nie bałem. Co ciekawe, uczucie jest nawet miłe, takie swoiste ciepło na skórze :)

      Robert

      Delete
    2. No ale był jakiś powód, dlaczego przestało się ich używać. Może miały gorsze wyniki? Albo były bardziej niebezpieczne? Albo pomagały tylko niektórym albo tylko na niektóre choroby?

      Delete
    3. Hej,

      może tak być, że "leczenie prądem" było zwyczajnie gorsze, więc zostało zapomniane. Z drugiej strony może tak być, że w pewnych przypadkach jest ono pomocne, wiec ja nie skreślam go od razu. Moje odczucia są pozytywne, choć mogą być one spowodowane autosugestią.

      Robert

      PS. autorka tego urządzenia sama zmarła na raka:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulda_Regehr_Clark

      Delete
  2. Świetnie napisany artykuł. Jak dla mnie bomba.

    ReplyDelete